Airport to Border

  • Home
  • Airport to Border

Airport to Border going to Samaritan Dental

airport at tijuana
How to get from the San Diego Airport to the Mexican border, via the Trolley​
Many patients fly into San Diego to go to Samaritan Dental. Things have changed through the years, and here are a few recommendations on how to get here. Your patient coordinator will help you decide what is best for you and can give you guidance. We used to recommend going to the border via public transportation, and while you can still get to the border via the bus and Trolley, here are a couple of easier ways to do it.

We recommend downloading the UBER app on your cell phone and ordering an UBER ride to the border at the Chaparral crossing. The cost is just $25, and it is much more secure than the trolley. Call us, before you go through Mexican Customs, and we will send our driver to pick you up at the border exit. There is no charge for this service. He will bring you directly to the clinic.

If you feel a little insecure about taking an UBER, we can arrange for someone to pick you up at the San Diego airport. They are independent from the clinic but are reliable. They will charge you $60 to transport you all the way to our Tijuana dental clinic.

Please remember that you now will need your US passport to enter Mexico. When you walk through Customs, they will ask for your passport, and have you fill out a Tourist Visa form. If you ask for 7 days, there is no charge. If you are planning multiple crossings, it may be less hassle for you to ask for 180 days, which is a $20 fee.

When you exit customs, our driver will be waiting for you at the curb. Because you called, he will know how you are dressed, so he can recognize you. Also, your coordinator will send you a picture of the driver and his car, which is usually a red Nissan march, with a white tooth on the door.

    How can we help?

    Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.

    Welcome to Samaritan Dental in Tijuana

    We are a dental clinic located in the heart of the business section of downtown Tijuana. We have dedicated professionals who administer dental care to our patients. Our dentists are very capable, and do excellent work, especially in the area of cosmetic dentistry. We do dental implants, crowns, bridges, and even full oral rehabilitation.

    We are located about 15 blocks from where you cross the border. If you decide to park on the US side, we will pick you up and take you to the clinic. If you decide to drive over, we have off street parking available. For information on our border shuttle, click this link: How to take our border shuttle