Dental Crowns – Benefits, Cost, Lifespan, and Others
Dental Crowns are dental restoration used to cover a tooth that has been broken or severely damaged. It is made of porcelain or metal, and it is cemented over the top of the tooth to protect it from damage.
Dental crowns are commonly used to restore teeth that have been broken or displaced by tooth decay. The crown is then cemented over the top of the damaged tooth and provides a more natural-looking appearance.
The dental crown can also be used to cover teeth that have been discolored, chipped, or cracked due to an accident.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
There are many benefits of dental crowns:
- It can be used to protect a tooth from further damage
- It can help a patient avoid root canal treatment
- It can make your teeth look more aesthetically pleasing
- It can make Prevention of additional damage to the teeth and mouth from further decay
- It can Prevent pain from nerve damage in the teeth
Cost of Dental Crowns Treatments
The cost of dental crowns varies depending on the kind of material used (porcelain or metal), the complexity of the procedure, and where you go for treatment.
Also, there are many factors that affect the price of dental crowns, such as location and dentist experience. The cost can range from $500 to $3,000 per tooth, with an average cost of around $1,200 per tooth.
The lifespan of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are primarily used to restore teeth that have been broken or damaged in some way. The lifespan of a dental crown can vary depending on how well it’s cared for and the type of material it is made from. On average, a dental crown will last anywhere from 5 to 15 years.
Porcelain crowns last around 15 years, while metal ones can last up to 30 years.
Tips to maintain after Dental Crowns treatments
There are some tips to maintain after dental crowns treatments:
- Don’t chew on the teeth with dental crowns for at least three weeks after treatment;
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste;
- Eat soft foods until your mouth heals completely;
Dental crowns are an excellent way to restore the function and appearance of a tooth. They are also very durable, which means that they can last for many years. We have discussed the main factors of this treatment, I hope this information helps you before doing dental implants.