Composite Fillings at Samaritan Dental Tijuana
At Samaritan Dental we use white resin composite fillings. This is material that we match to the color of your teeth and harden with the use of an ultra-violet lamp. Because the resins are matched to your tooth’s color, they become invisible when applied.
For over 150 years, cavities were filled with a mixture of metals, including silver and mercury. It was perfectly normal to see dark grey areas in someone’s mouth when they laughed.
At Samaritan Dental Tijuana, we have found composite fillings also provide an excellent seal on the affected area, so that tooth decay can be prevented. The factors that go into our decision to use composite fillings include:
- The size of the area that needs to be filled
- The location of the affected area in the mouth (i.e., a tooth that is heavily relied on for chewing)
- Allergies the patient might have
- The preference of the patient regarding the use of metals in the mouth
- Whether it is necessary cosmetically to have a tooth-colored filling
- If you are unsure about the type of filling to use, schedule an appointment today for a consultation.
We follow protocols for the safe removal of mercury/amalgam fillings.
Our Prices for fillings run from $65 to $85 each, depending on how large the fillings need to be.